SPECIAL MUSIC FEATURE - courtesy of DJ Drake Pineda (http://djdrakepineda.tumblr.com/)

Monday, July 11, 2011

Navi returns to serenade us with her new single, "Diary"...



While doing a review of new singles last week, I discovered a single from an artist that I felt I wanted to do a spot on since I liked her music a lot. Her name is Navi (which is the Korean word for "butterfly"), and she's an R&B singer in Korea. she's making a comeback with her new single, "Diary", which was just released last week (to be precise, that was on July 1).

Navi's been making waves in Korea since she debuted in 2008 with her song "I Love You", which she sang together with Tablo of Epik High. I mentioned earlier that she's an R&B singer, although that doesn't necessarily mean that she doesn't have a good amount of versatility. She does dabble in different genres of music, but I noticed in her MVs that her delivery would always have that R&B flavor. 


Since I wasn't really doing much earlier this morning, I did a review of some of her past work, and sure enough, she has a lot of material published around cyberspace. Apparently she is well-known for covering other artists' works, but she has lots of her own material too that highlight her versatility as an artist.

Here are a couple of songs of Navi's that I've come to like...




"We Really Loved Each Other" (feat. K Will) by Navi (MV with English Subs)

"Listen To The End" by Navi (MV with English Subs)


This time around, Navi returns with her new single, "Diary", which was released a couple of weeks ago on July 1st.

There are two things I like a lot about this single. The first being that the track showcased her incredible vocal range, and her strong R&B chops. I loved the instrumentation of the track as well --- i love the acoustic feel provided by the piano and guitar in the background.

Another I loved was the message of the song --- it's not your typical break-up song. The message of the song focuses a lot on admitting to the hardships of losing someone you love, but the song declares that it shouldn't bring a person down but provide hope for better things.

"Diary" by Navi (MV with English Subs)

I'm now definitely a fan of Navi. This makes me want to look and listen to her album "Hello" which was released earlier this year. Hopefully she comes up with a new material again soon, since I can't seem to get enough of this song!

No comments:

Post a Comment