SPECIAL MUSIC FEATURE - courtesy of DJ Drake Pineda (http://djdrakepineda.tumblr.com/)

Monday, July 25, 2011

2NE1 releases an short anime movie for their MV for "Hate You"...

2NE1's cartoon avatars (L to R):
Upper Row - Sandara and Bom, Lower Row - CL and Minzy

NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR --- My apologies for not having posted as often as I could. I've been busy reconnecting with family during our reunion here in Toronto. I hope everyone understands that I just had to prioritize that first above everything else. There's a lot of stuff that's been released since last I posted, but I'll catch up as soon as I can.

When 2NE1 released their last single "I'm The Best", I couldn't really see the full connection between the image of the album, the MV with their album cover. The best thing I could really think of that connected the MV with the images on the album cover was the fact that they were firing guns at the end of the video. 

With the release of their new single, "Hate You", YG Entertainment choice in visual now begins to make sense. Apparently, they aregiving us a taste of what's to come with the simultaneous release of the girl's ANIMATED MV for their track. Not only are we treated to great new music, but it's a visual feast as well!



You could just imagine how happy I was to see that 2NE1 just came up with ANOTHER track, just weeks after the release of their immensely last successful digital single, "I'm The Best" (if you haven't seen the video or my review, click here). Releasing track after track, it seems YG Entertainment is doing one of two things --- it's either they're leveraging on the success of "I'm The Best" to release another track (to maximize their returns), or they're preparing for a full-length album release. Either way, all the fans of the girls win since we're all being treated to brand new material one after the other. You can't beat that thrill of seeing new work from your favorite artists, right?


"Hate You" follows the usual vein of the girl's musical style --- dance electro-pop infused with a lot of hip-hop and R&B. What brings this release to an entirely new level is the MV that they released together with the single. The MV reminded me a lot of the cool music videos of Daft Punk when I was in college (remember "One More Time" and the cool anime videos they had? It was actually made into a short movie called "Interstella 5555". Watch it here!).

The question now is... does this mean that the following videos for succeeding tracks will follow a certain storyline? I guess that's something to look forward to.


"Hate You" by 2NE1 (MV with English Subtitles)

No comments:

Post a Comment