SPECIAL MUSIC FEATURE - courtesy of DJ Drake Pineda (http://djdrakepineda.tumblr.com/)

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

[POLL RESULT] Who's your favorite male idol rookie group?

AND THE WINNER IS...


BOYFRIEND

The quintet of Boyfriend, composed of Hyun Seong, Kwang Min, Dong Hyun, Jeong Min, Minwoo and Young Min, have been burning the midnight oil in promoting their self-titled album. All that presence and star power is translating into the kind of popularity that produces swarms of online groupies (as evidence to support my hypothesis, in my blog, they are the most searched group in my list of featured artists, and my review on their debut album is my most popular blog post ever since I've started this blog... beat that!).

Although these guys still have a long way to go musically. They're still stuck in newbie mode, so a lot of the material that they're doing is focused on dance and kpop cheese tracks... it's stuff that sells and builds a fan base, but it's not the kind of stuff that makes a defining moment in their career just yet. They're a young male idol group, and they've got a lot of growing up to do. Time will tell when they're really to shine as artists. 

Now... off to our new poll!


Personally, I love a guy who can make me laugh, and I guess it's true with almost every fanboy and fangirl out there --- funny idols rock! 

For our next poll, we'll be looking into male idols who rock our world simply because they know how not to take themselves too seriously. They can play around with an audience, make people throw their cares away for a fleeting moment. Although sometimes they just border on the ridiculous (and dare I say it --- gay! hahaha! Although truth be told I sometimes think that, but knowing East Asian culture, I know it's merely fan service), it's all for the love of entertainment... and that's the reason they become popular. They know what makes their fans happy, and they deliver big time!

I've listed my favorite funny male idols below, and to help you out I've also included some of my favorite videos of them from some shows on Korean TV that are classic examples of how funny these guys can be.

Enjoy watching, and vote vote vote!


WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE FUNNY MALE IDOL?

Brian Joo (formerly from Fly To The Sky)




Jo Kwon from 2AM




Key from SHINee





Kwanghee from ZE:A





Lee Joon from MBLAQ



VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE FUNNY MALE IDOL NOW ON MY SIDEBAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment