SPECIAL MUSIC FEATURE - courtesy of DJ Drake Pineda (http://djdrakepineda.tumblr.com/)

Thursday, June 23, 2011

B1A4 is back to promote "Only Learned Bad Things"...

The boys of B1A4 (L to R): CNU, Gong Chan, Jinyoung, Sandeul and Baro

When I first featured B1A4 around 2 months ago, I was wondering why they were only promoting one song (back during their debut, they were promoting the launching track for their first mini-album, "O.K."). Their launching track and their debut was a tremendous success, but considering they had a couple of great tracks left in their album, I was hoping to hear at least one more song being promoted in Inkigayo, Music Bank or M! Countdown.  They're a mighty talented group of vocalists, so I was generally expecting more.

NOTE: If you haven't read my review for their debut album, "Let's Fly", it would be best to click here and read my review first. (hehehe!)

I guess they heard my gripes across the sea (I know... "seriously, Dennis..." hahaha!), and now they're following up their promotions for their debut album with their follow-up single "Only Learned Bad Things". They've also released an MV for the same song too!


Although the entire group makes an appearance in the MV, the male lead in the vid is being played by the ever-adorable Baro, one of the group's resident rappers (the other being CNU). The video is relatively simple to understand --- Baro plays the lovable but insensitive boyfriend to the female lead in the video (who I almost mistook for IU... would've been nice to have her in the vid though hehehe!). The story closely matches the theme of the song which is all about a man promising to do his best to show how much he loves his girl.


I have to say that I'm impressed with the sets for the MV. The settings for the MV were simple and understated, with light and bright color popping out from everywhere. I'm particularly pleased with the red set used in video --- I love red (hehehe!).

"Only Learned Bad Things" (MV with Eng Subs)
NOTE: Please take note that the CC / captioning function seems to be malfunctioning. 
The video has an interactive caption though with the subs for the vid, but you'll have
to watch the video in YouTube for that.



I'm glad the boys of B1A4 are back with another hit. Still definitely looking forward to hearing new material from these guys in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment