SPECIAL MUSIC FEATURE - courtesy of DJ Drake Pineda (http://djdrakepineda.tumblr.com/)

Monday, April 11, 2011

A new beginning...

I've never been a regular blogger before. Often I would find myself typing and retelling either the little exciting things that happen in my otherwise mundane life, or while away minutes musing about life and current events. After I get bored, I stop. That's how my blogging life has been so far.



Of course, you begin to ask, "why start to blog again?" I have friends who are regular bloggers, and I find it fascinating to read their entries, and feel their energy and passion for what they write about. I took my queue from conversations I had with friends who were curious about my fascination with Korean pop music and dramas. I've been watching K-dramas on and off for some years, but I've been an AVID FAN of K-pop for roughly 2 years. When people ask me questions about what I'm listening to or watching, I enthusiastically respond. I find myself surprised since I've never really connected with something as avidly as I have with K-pop since my interest with Japanese anime (which is still there... but I keep to few well worn series that are still running hehehe!).

Where did it all start? It all started with "Sorry Sorry"... I remember happening upon the dance version of the "Sorry Sorry" MV (music video) by Super Junior. I immediately fell in love... not because there were 13 hunky men in the video (but, trust me, it was a plus! hahaha!). The music drew me in, and I loved how it was catchy and rhythmic without being trite and cliche.

The boys of Super Junior --- Kibum, Shindong, Sungmin, Ryeowoook,Leeteuk, Donghae, Siwon, Kyuhyun, Yesung, Eunhyuk, Han Kyung, Kangin, and Heechul (yes... I know all of them by face! hahaha!)



For a while I got hooked onto Super Junior (SuJu), but I started to look online and found that there was so much more to listen to. I began to listen to SuJu's labelmates Girl's Generation (SNSD, or So Nyu Shi Dae, to the fan girls/boys out there), then I got hooked onto SHINee, then 2PM. There was just so much to listen to, and I've been listening and watching for the past two years.

This blog is about sharing what I've been listening to, and writing down about how great a bridge Korean entertainment has been in helping me to learn about this wonderful people and culture. This isn't about a single group or singer either... it's about a Filipino guy who just became a fan of Korean music.

No comments:

Post a Comment